About this position
As a junior Java developer at Merapar you will build great software, share knowledge and find new ways to solve problems together. You will join a skilled and motivated team, hit the ground running and think on your feet. We offer flexibility and freedom in return for passion and commitment.
What’s in it for you?
- You will work with microservices based systems. This includes, for example, the communication with other services using REST or Message Queues (RabbitMQ, gRPC, JSON, Protocol Buffers, MessagePack, Avro)
- Moreover processing data and implementing features will be one of your tasks (XML, XSLT, JSON)
- Responsible for quality assurance, documentation and problem analysis (e.g. Pact, Design-by-Contract and REST Docs)
- Correct execution of functional and non-functional test cases / test procedures (including understanding of test purpose, correlation of test results)
You may be a good fit if
- You have a degree in Computer Science and already some relevant work experience in this area
- You bring experience and find Java and Cloud Computing (Amazon AWS) competencies (Spring Framework, Java7 and Java8) very interesting
- You have an interest in CD/CI (Maven, Gradle, Jenkins) and Cloud Computing (AWS)
- Experience with Docker and NodeJS is beneficial
- You have a good knowledge of English (speak/read/write)
- You are open-minded and curious about new technologies
- You are able to identify and solve problems and propose improvement suggestions
What we offer you
- A flexible and constantly evolving environment where you will perform tests for a wide range of clients
- A lot of variation in a growing, challenging and innovative international company
- An investment in our human capital, we support development and career opportunities
- A competitive salary and benefit packages
What if you don’t tick all these boxes, but you still like what you see? Just click ’Apply Now’ below and we’ll invite you for a cup of coffee!